You're One Step Closer.
We know you're eager to adopt—but before you apply, please read all of the information below. Feel free to send any questions regarding adoption, the adoption application, or the overall process using the form at the bottom of this page.
We can also be reached for questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- Outside of area
(Depends on feasibility of NPBR finding someone for home visit for adoptive homes also the adopting family will need to travel to adopt their boxer)
- Adoption fee is based on the age of the dog—not on expenses paid for that dog.
- If exact age of dog is unknown, age will be determined based on our veterinarian's best guess.
- Adoption fees are non-negotiable.
- Adoption fees are not tax deductible.
- Please feel free to give more to help our rescue boxers to come - there will always be more.
- Adoption donations by age are as follows:
- 0 - 6 Months: $450 with an additional $125 deposit for spay/neuter
- 6-12 Months: $450
- 1 - 2 Years: $350
- 3 - 4 Years: $300
- 5 - 6 Years: $250
- 7+ Years: $150
- Complete the adoption application.
- Applicant must be 21 or older.
- Checked references personal and vet.
- Written landlord approval (if renting) for a boxer-sized dog is required.
- Telephone interview completed.
- Application, references, and interview information goes before our committee for approval.
- Schedule and complete a home visit.
- If home is outside of our Rescue Volunteer area, arrangements for a visit must be made with a local entity.
- Finalize the adoption.
- Home visit information, application, and references all will go before our committee for final approval.
Matching Boxer to Home
- After final approval is on file, matches to a boxer (or boxers) are made.
- Boxer (or boxers) matched to home are presented to the prospective family.
- Feel free to let us know if a boxer on our site particularly appeals to you. While we do take your preferences into account, our primary concern is placing our boxers into their best match for a forever home.
- If you feel a particular boxer is not for you, please let us know. Although we have great experience and success with this process, we certainly don't want to give you a dog you don't want.
- The match for your home may take some time. Be patient, your boxer is out there, somewhere, waiting for you!
- With a go-ahead from the foster family, we'll arrange a special meeting to introduce the new boxer.
- Though a boxer may look good on paper to you, if upon meeting, the boxer is not for you/your family, let us know! When it's right, we all feel it—and it is a beautiful thing.
- All families must plan to travel to the region, or the area, of your boxer's foster home to pick them up. NPBR is not responsible for transporting the dog to the adopting family.
- Adoption fee is required upon taking your boxer home and is non-refundable
- Adoption contract is required.
- Contract specifies boxer will be returned to NPBR if adoptive home cannot keep the boxer for any reason.
- Contract specifies boxer will be kept current on all vetting.
- For dogs 3 years and under, an obedience contract is required.
- If you do not wish to attend an obedience class with your new boxer, take a closer look at our pups over 3 years old—still the cuteness of a boxer puppy, but no obedience contract required!
Supplies to Have When Taking Your Boxer Home
Adopters must supply:
- Their own leash and collar. If you would like to purchase a collar for your new dog, we can get the measurements for you.
- Their own dog crate. NPBR suggests crating most dogs, at least for a short period of time, while they adjust to their forever home.
- High quality kibble. Please feel free to inquire for recommended foods. You may also want to look at www.dogfoodanalysis.com for unbiased reviews of dog food based on ingredients.
Bring home a boxer.
Please feel free to send us a quick message here.